The following steps for a time management plan do not need to be completed in this order; however, this is the recommended order.
- Step 1: Take this quiz on time management
- Step 2: Watch this video on “Time Management,” by Randy Pausch
- Step 3: Review these slides from the “Time Management” video, in .pdf format, and write down at least five ideas that you want to try.
- Step 4: Write down everything that you have to do in your life right now, and try to break big projects into small pieces. Do not stop until you go at least five minutes without thinking of anything else.
- Step 5: Watch this Google Tech Talk about “Getting Things Done,” by David Allen
- Step 6: Do the worst item on your to-do list first. If you really cannot, then start anywhere on your list.
- Step 7: Use this daily time chart that I created in Excel (.xlsx) to log your activities for one week.
- Step 8: Compile the results, using this type of layout that shows where your time goes.
- Step 9: Use your results and a blank time chart, or this set of weekly and daily planners, to plan out your days before they occur.
- Step 10: Repeat steps 1-9
Please feel free to submit any additional time management planning ideas by commenting below. Thanks!